Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Time to Get Serious About Lady Grey

Today's post by Gertie is all about gearing up for sewing our Lady Grey coat muslins. I've decided to go with the black and mocha houndstooth, but I still haven't found the right lining fabric. I think a trip to Gala Fabrics has been added to today's to-do list.

I'm also going to take my fabric to the dry cleaners to have them steam press it. I've steamed coat fabrics myself in the past, but I want this one to be perfect, and I have a lot of other things to do.

A while back, Carolyn asked, "Are you a tracer or a cutter?" Most patterns I cut, unless I think there will be a lot of alterations, in which case I trace the piece or pieces that I think will need a lot of chopping and taping. That way if I screw up too badly, I can start again. I think with the Lady Grey, I'm going to trace. This has just been moved up to the top of the to-do list. I'd better get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment