Friday, September 3, 2010

I'm Taking the Pledge

Forgive me. I'm a little late in getting this posted as I was without internet access for 4 whole days!

Over at Wardrobe Re-Fashion, you can take a pledge that all of your clothing will be handmade, thrifted, recycled or refashioned for period of 2, 4 or 6 months (or if you are really passionate, for life). When I told my husband that I was going to to do this, his comment was, "Why not? You're already doing that."

So if I'm already doing it, why did I only sign up for 2 months? It's been a tough couple of years and I'm just getting my mojo back. So I decided to give myself some breathing room. That said, I spent the last couple of days happily pre-washing fabric and altering and cutting patterns. I'll say this about not having internet access —it makes for a distraction free day.

So here's my pledge:

I Leslie Z pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 months. I pledge that I shall refashion, renovate and recycle pre-loved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other media for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovated, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thriftiness brings! 
Signed Leslie Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment